• You will be asked about your history and your general health on the the day of donation
2. Check your Vital Signs
• A CHLA staff member will check your blood pressure, pulse and temperature, and then, he or she will take a blood sample to check for anemia.
3. Begin the Donation Process
• A blood donation takes only 15 minutes. It is important for you to relax. Your body will begin replenishing blood almost immediately. Blood can be donated every 8 weeks.
4. Ready for Departure
• CHLA will provide you with snacks, juice and water after you have donated to help you replenish your blood.
Instructions Before You Donate
Instructions After You Donate