Every month, Children’s Hospital Los Angeles needs around 1000 pints of blood to operate its life-saving procedures and heal its sick children. However, the hospital typically obtains around 800 pints from its donors’ valued contributions. Tuesday, February 21st, Phi Delta Epsilon hopes to make a difference. In the past, the fraternity has helped CHLA attain nearly 100 pints of blood, but we know we can do better! So please come support Phi Delta Epsilon and help CHLA in its mission to provide a healthier future for its children at the Matador Bookstore Complex from 8 AM to 2 PM on Tuesday February 21st!
With the beginning of every new semester comes the opportunity to save a child’s life. This semester Phi Delta Epsilon is hosting another blood drive to support Children’s Hospital Los Angeles (CHLA). Your donations will make a huge impact on children suffering from life threatening diseases and disorders.
If you have never donated before, here is how the process takes place:
1. Verify your Eligibility
• You will be asked about your history and your general health on the the day of donation
2. Check your Vital Signs
• A CHLA staff member will check your blood pressure, pulse and temperature, and then, he or she will take a blood sample to check for anemia.
3. Begin the Donation Process
• A blood donation takes only 15 minutes. It is important for you to relax. Your body will begin replenishing blood almost immediately. Blood can be donated every 8 weeks.
4. Ready for Departure
• CHLA will provide you with snacks, juice and water after you have donated to help you replenish your blood.
This article was authored by Phi Delta Epsilon Technology Committee Member, Edward Hernandez. If you would like to contact Edward, you can reach him at email@example.com.