Every month, Children’s Hospital Los Angeles needs around 1000 pints of blood to operate its life-saving procedures and heal its sick children. However, the hospital typically obtains around 800 pints from its donors’ valued contributions. On Tuesday, October 15th, Phi Delta Epsilon will be hosting a blood drive in hopes to make a difference. In the past, the fraternity has helped CHLA attain nearly 100 pints of blood, but we know we can do better! So please come support Phi Delta Epsilon and help CHLA in its mission to provide a healthier future for its children at the in front of the Matador Bookstore Complex from 09:00 AM to 03:00 PM on Tuesday, October 15th! We hope to see many of you there!
It's a new semester, which means that there is another opportunity to save a child's life. This semester, Phi Delta Epsilon is hosting another blood drive to support Children's Hospital Los Angeles (CHLA). Your donations will make a huge impact on children suffering from life threatening diseases and disorders.
You can make a significant difference in the lives of many sick children if you, "Just DoNATE It!" So please come join us on Tuesday, October 15th, and donate blood!
If you have never donated before, here is how the process takes place:
1. Verify your Eligibility
• You will be asked about your history and your general health on the the day of donation
2. Check your Vital Signs
• A CHLA staff member will check your blood pressure, pulse and temperature, and then, he or she will take a blood sample to check for anemia.
3. Begin the Donation Process
• A blood donation takes only 15 minutes. It is important for you to relax. Your body will begin replenishing blood almost immediately. Blood can be donated every 8 weeks.
4. Ready for Departure
• CHLA will provide you with snacks, juice and water after you have donated to help you replenish your blood.
This article was authored by Phi Delta Epsilon's Technology Chair, Chanté Ortiz. If you would like to contact Chanté, you can reach her at firstname.lastname@example.org.